You’ve heard of the Olympus XA and XA-2. You’ve heard of the Olympus MJU II or Stylus Epic. But have you heard of the 1994 Olympus LT-1? It was a premium, very stylish compact aimed at upmarket travellers. Kinda like a MJU I clad in leather! It’s my new favourite pocket camera, find out why in episode 4!
In the show’s longest episode to date (how do they keep getting longer?) I also give an update on my Emulsive Secret Santa present, I talk about the cameras I’ve been shooting with in January 2019, the podcasts I’ve been listening to, and I give a shout out to some lovely conversations I’ve had with people recently. Don’t forget to subscribe!
Episode 4 summary
- How I got my Olympus LT-1
- The LT-1’s predecessors: the Olympus XA and the Olympus MJU / Stylus
- Olympus LT-1 specifications
- Description of the LT-1
- Description of the LT-1 images
- Camera ratings
- What I’ve been up to in January 2019
- Film and instant cameras I’ve been shooting with
- Frugal Film Project
- Emulsive Secret Santa update
- Best part of doing this podcast – making connections with awesome people!
- Frugal Film Project – this will be such fun! One cheap camera, one cheap roll of film each month for 2019.
- Check out Nick and Graham’s Homemade Podcast – I wish I had the skills to build my own camera!
- Film photography podcast listings updated by Graham
- The best voice in podcasting! Check out Ted Vieira’s Photography Matters podcast
- @paulwheelerphoto on Instagram – Paul loves half frame cameras and has asked when I am doing a review 🙂
- Check out Ben’s film photography at @hipshootfilm and find out about the film stock swap!
- @thefilmsweats on Instagram – I’ve just seen the cool rolls of film they received in their Secret Santa!
- Dale @delusions_of_competence – some very cool moody film shots including some with exposed sprockets!
- @kollimatorn – if you speak Swedish, check out their film photography podcast! Also some very cool camera pics on the account!
- Negative Positives excellent Facebook group
Olympus LT-1 sample photos described in this episode
My Emulsive Secret Santa present
Four black and white prints on card / paper and a letter in Russian. Thoughts?
Get in touch
If you have any feedback I’d love to hear from you! Please comment below, message me on Instagram or email [email protected]ail.com