An epic battle between two premium and compact all stars: the Fujifilm Klasse and the Fujifilm Klasse S!
How much would you pay for a premium compact camera? $200? $500? $1000? Last year I bought not one, but two premium compact cameras, both made by the same manufacturer in the 21st century.
I am of course talking about the Fujifilm Klasse and the Fujifilm Klasse S. I shot two rolls of film side by side with these cameras to see if there was any difference in image quality. The biggest differences between the two cameras is actually the feature set. Which one is right for you?
I also talk about the rising prices of premium compact cameras and the BEST reason to choose a cheap point and shoot camera – expectations! Also listen to why it’s always best to thoroughly research which camera you’re buying.
Episode 6 summary
- History of the development of the Klasse camera in 2001
- The Rollei AFM 35 is the same camera
- Fujifilm colour reversal films (slide films)
- 2001: the peak of colour film sales
- Fujifilm Klasse S and Fujifilm Klasse W released in 2007
- Specfications for Fujifilm Klasse and Fujifilm Klasse S
- Similarities and differences
- What they’re like to shoot
- Discussion of the images taken with both cameras (see images below)
- Expectations: the one big reason why a cheap point and shoot is your best friend!
- Weekly roundup
- Kirk Mastin’s review of the Klasse S
- Safelight Berlin review of the Klasse S
- Cameraville review of the Klasse / Rollei AFM 35
Images taken with the Klasse and Klasse S
Check the captions for which camera was used.
Get in touch
If you have any feedback I’d love to hear from you! [email protected]